Horror Fantasy and Fantasy fans are going to have to start marking their calendars, because Netflix is gearing to release a host of titles in the genres! Here’s a list of 10 shows to watch out for –
1. The Sandman: Based on the popular fantasy graphic novel series by Neil Gaiman, ‘The Sandman’ follows the fantastical journey of Morpheus AKA Dream, whose siblings happens to be Death, Desire, Despair, Delirium, Destruction and Destiny. Release date: August 5
2. Guillermo Del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities: We are most excited about this one! It’s going to be a collection of eight short horror films and just name-dropping Guillermo Del Toro (Pan’s Labrynth/Hell Boy/Nightmare Alley) is enough to get both horror and fantasy enthusiasts whipped! Complete with creepy ominous music, crumbling homes, rotting corpses – the trailer for this horror anthology looks very promising.
Release Date: Yet to be announced
3. The Imperfects: This new Netflix series looks like a rip-off of Marvel’s X-Men. It’s about three youngsters, who are experimented upon against their will. They are genetically mutated into supernatural beings, ‘imperfects’ is a nice polite way to put it. ‘Mutants’ would’ve been Professor Xavier’s choice of word. The trailer however actually looks more fun than most X-Men teasers ever made.
Release Date: Yet to be announced
4. All Of Us Are Dead: Netflix has confirmed the Korean Zombie Series is getting a season two. Things should get more interesting than before, since the show has introduced a new breed of super Zombies, who are just as intelligent as humans! Release Date: Yet to be announced
5. Resident Evil: Come July 14th, and horror fans will get to see the infamous ‘Umbrella Corp’ trying to re-invent itself in the new ‘Resident Evil’ series. ‘T-Virus’ continues to be main problem, however, the trailer features a weird line-up of monsters, which includes a giant spider. Loyalists of the ‘Resident Evil’ games don’t have too many hopes pinned on this spin-off, however many others have high expectations!
6. The Midnight Club: From the makers of ‘Haunting of Hill House’, comes the new supernatural series ‘The Midnight Club’, which is based on a popular book series by Christopher Pike. The story follows 8 youngsters who meet every midnight to swap scary stories and look for signs of the supernatural in real life. Release Date: October 7
7. Sweet Tooth Season Two: The dystopian fantasy series will soon be back with a new season and nothing could be more satisfactory for fans, since the first one ended with a gigantic cliffhanger. Sweet Tooth was an entertainingly good blend of horror and fantasy, even though the series wasn’t as dark as the comics it is based on. Release Date: Yet to be announced
8. Wednesday: It’s so hard to imagine anybody other than Christina Ricci playing Wednesday Addams, but rising star Jenna Ortega looks pretty perfect for the titular role in the upcoming Netflix series ‘Wednesday’. The show will follow a teen Wednesday in ‘rebel mode’, so expect some disruption in the Addams Family! Release Date: Yet to be announced
9. Troll: Nope, not the internet trolls, this show is about an actual troll from Nordic mythology. An ancient giant troll who had been sleeping for a thousand of years inside a mountain, finally wakes up to wreak havoc. How are modern humans going to stop a monster they didn’t think exists? Release Date: Yet to be announced
10. First Kill – We saved First Kill for the last, because the show streams on June 10, which is soon, so you can go and set a reminder on Netflix for it right now. The plot is a little like ‘Twilight’ meets ‘Buffy The Vampire Slayer’, so yes, there are vampires, werewolves and of course – vampire slayers. And there’s a classic ‘forbidden romance’ trope at the center of it – two girls fall in love, one is a monster, the other a monster hunter.